Sunday, January 31, 2016

Layout Share 1.0

Part of my goals for 2016 included starting to share my work and hoping to inspire others. I have posted a few layout sneaks on Instagram but haven't found the time for a layout share. So today is the day....baby steps, right? 

My family loves adventure! We have been blessed (or cursed) with the travel bug that is for sure. However, we have three kids schedules, work schedules, and a million other obligations just like most other families. It isn't always realistic to travel to foreign lands or hop on an airline so we try very hard to create new adventures in our own backyard. This layout was inspired by one of those adventures where we went to a new restaurant called the "Sasquatch Kitchen." Now, my kiddos and husband are all super into the bigfoot mystery so we knew we had to go. This layout is about their massive Jenga competition and coordinates with another 12x12 layout that I created about the decor at the restaurant (tons of bigfoot carvings) and the crazy oversized menu choices. 

Here is the layout in its full 12x12 version. 


I started with a plain white background and knew that I wanted to create several layers of patterned paper to mimic the different colors and textures in the wooden Jenga blocks. There was a pop of orange in the background of the photos so I want to incorporate some orange accents into the embellishment clusters to help draw the viewer's eye back to the photos. Arranging those in a visual triangle allowed the eye to stop and see my adorable kiddos in the pictures as the center of focus. Around the paper edges, I added some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink in order to emphasis the woodgrain of the blocks. 



The layers I chose were using primarily the Crate Paper Boys Rule 6x6 paper pad and I just arranged them at different angles to add visual appeal. Then, I created a few embellishment clusters using a variety of little bits and pieces that I had in my stash. I even punched those little hearts from woodgrain paper and tucked them in. The "Memories" tab is actually a repurposed project life card from the Boys Rule Value Kit! 


I hope you enjoyed my first layout share! If you have any questions about products or want to leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment