Tuesday, May 31, 2016

For the Love of Homemade Kits Series

Happy Tuesday! I am so excited to be participating in the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series with Hannah Lemieux, Megan Paulos Blethen, and Felicia Young over on You Tube. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this series uses a recipe of items to create a kit from our stash that is based around an inspiration piece. Then, these amazingly talented ladies spend four weeks creating layouts and process videos from the ingredients in their kits. The idea is to start digging in our stash and use a combination of both new and old products to create some amazing layouts. Each week, you will be able to see a process video and layout from each of us on our You Tube channels using our individual kits. YAY! Click here to check out my kit share for week one of the For the Love of Homemade Kits series.



For this round, the inspiration piece was from Amy Tan's Rise and Shine Collection and is called the "Lucy" paper.

Unfortunately, I didn't have this paper in my stash and instead of rushing out and buying something (which would completely defeat the purpose of the stash challenge), I dug around in my stash and realized that I had the 6x6 Rise and Shine Collection paper pad and I grabbed the inspiration piece (both sides) from there.

The paper portion of this recipe includes:
1. The inspiration piece
2. a bold pattern
3. a texture
4. a dot or circle pattern
5. a freebie pattern
6. two 6x6 pieces of patterned paper

Now, for my choices....




1. Inspiration Piece: Amy Tan Rise and Shine: Lucy
2. Bold: Floral from the Hello Sunshine collection by Pink Paislee
3. Texture: Fancy Pants White Corrugated Sheets
4. Dot/Circle: Simple Stories Carpe Diem Collection: Teal Dot/Yellow Dot
5. Freebie: Dear Lizzy Happy Place Collection: Beachy Betsy
6. two 6x6 patterned papers both from the Amy Tan Rise and Shine Collection 6x6 paper pad
*I also added one extra pattern (the grid) from the Hello Sunshine collection by Pink Paislee as well as some white cardstock

The embellishment portion of this recipe includes:
1. a cut file
2. stencil
3. layered embellishments
4. frames
5. twine or ribbon
6. buttons
7. a sticker sheet
8. Embellishment/Ephemera pack
9. One freebie (oops...I picked two!)
10. Washi tape
11. 2 alphabets (oops..I picked three!)


Now, for my choices....



1. Cut file: Circle background placement (Silhouette Design Store)
2. Stencil: Heart pattern mask by Shimelle
3. Layered Emellishments: Maggie Holmes Shine Collection layered circles
4. Frames: Heidi Swapp photo frames packages for the memory planner line
5. Black baker's twine
6. Buttons: Fancy Free Collection by Paige Evans for Pink Paislee
7. Sticker Sheet: Photoplay Summer Dreams
8. Ephemera Pack: Carpe Diem Bits and Pieces by Simple Stories
9. Freebies: sequins mini cups by MultiCraft and Chipboard hearts by 7Paper Amelia
10. Washi Tape: Color Splash collection from Recollections at Michael's
11.Alphabets: Kal Barteski Black Thickers; Amy Tan Rise and Shine pink foam thicker; My Mind's Eye Now and Then Dorothy "Celebrate" Alphas.

Here is my complete kit....



As you can see, I followed the recipe but also added a couple of additional elements to make sure that I had enough material to create four dynamic layouts. I am also giving myself the freedom and permission to add some mixed media elements like mists and watercolors if needed in order to complete the looks or use the elements that I chose. I hope that you will use this recipe to put together your own kit and I would love to see what you create if you are playing along with us. Make sure to stop by and check out my You Tube video showing my kit and then head on over to see the kits that Hannah, Felicia, and Megan put together as well. It is going to be a very fun month! Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. this is very cool...will check it out! And looking forward to seeing your creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KarenSue! I am so excited to get creating with this kit.

      Delete