Sunday, July 3, 2016

For the Love of Homemade Kits: July: Kit Share

Happy Sunday! I am so excited to be participating in the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series with Hannah Lemieux, Megan Paulos Blethen, and Felicia Young over on You Tube for another round of creating. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this series uses a recipe of items to create a kit from our stash that is based around an inspiration piece. Then, these amazingly talented ladies spend four weeks creating layouts and process videos from the ingredients in their kits. The idea is to start digging in our stash and use a combination of both new and old products to create some amazing layouts. Each week, you will be able to see a process video and layout from each of us on our You Tube channels using our individual kits. YAY! Click here to check out my kit share for week one of the For the Love of Homemade Kits Series: July.  The first process video will be posted on Tuesday, July 5th so you don't even have to wait a whole week this time! 



For this round, the inspiration piece was from Simple Stories Life in Color Collection called So Much Happiness.



The paper portion of this recipe includes:
1. The inspiration piece
2. a stripe pattern
3. a texture
4. a geometric pattern
5. a freebie pattern
6. two 6x6 pieces of patterned paper

Now, for my choices....




1. Inspiration Piece: Simple Stories: Life in Color: So Much Happiness
2. Stripe: Pink Paislee Memorandum 12x12 paper pad  
                Echo Park: Scoot: Fire Trucks
3. Texture: Fancy Pants Red Corrugated Sheets
4. Geometric: WeR Memory Keepers: Love Notes: Ombre Fence
5. Freebie: Pink Paislee Memorandum: Yellow Dot
6. three 6x6 patterned papers all from the Dear Lizzy Happy Place 6x6 paper pad
**I also allowed myself to add both white and black cardstock to this kit.

The embellishment portion of this recipe includes:
1. a cut file
2. stencil
3. texture paste
4. thread
5. wood veneer
6. a sticker sheet
7. Embellishment/Ephemera pack
8. One freebie (oops...I picked two!)
9. Washi tape
10. 2 alphabets (oops..I picked three again!)


Here are my choices....

          

1. Cut file: Ashley Horton June Hip Kit Club Cut File Background (similar in Cut Shoppe, Just Nick Studios or you can sign up online with Hip Kit Club for free and get theirs too!)
2. Stencil: Tim Holtz "Plus"
3. Texture Paste: Ranger White and Art Studios Metallic Silver
4. Thread: white crochet thread
5. Wood Veneer: Dear Lizzy Wood Buttons: Documentary Collection
6. Sticker Sheet: Anything Goes Element Stickers: Echo Park
7. Ephemera Pack: Simple Stories: Life in Color: Bits and Pieces
8. Freebies: Simple Stories: Life in Color Decorative Clips and a few flair pieces I've had  in my stash for a very long time
9. Washi Tape: Studio Calico Black and White Plus Signs
10.Alphabets: Echo Park Anything Goes Alpha Stickers
                       Studio Calico Black Puffy Alphas

Here is my complete kit....

        

As you can see, I followed the recipe but also added a couple of additional elements to make sure that I had enough material to create four incredible layouts. I am also giving myself the freedom and permission to add some mixed media elements like mists and watercolors if needed in order to complete the looks or use the elements that I chose. I hope that you will use this recipe to put together your own kit and I would love to see what you create if you are playing along with us. Make sure to stop by and check out my You Tube video showing my kit and then head on over to see the kits that Hannah, Felicia, and Megan put together as well. It is going to be a very fun month! Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment