Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Stick It Down Design Team

Hi Guys!
   I am super excited to finally get to announce that I have joined the Stick It Down Design Team. This awesome challenge blog offers monthly sketches for single-page scrappers, double-page scrappers, and card designers to use as inspiration. Make sure to check out the blog to meet the rest of the design team, check out their work, and participate in the fun! Here is the July Sketch that we had to work with this month....



I tried to keep my layout very close to the original sketch except that I switched the title and journaling to the opposites sides of the layout. Here is my super bright and fun layout for this month...


I started out knowing that I wanted to hand stitch the boxes on the bottom and just used 2x2 cardstock squares as my guide to punch the holes to stitch into. I then added the fun vellum hearts from Studio Calico in each of the boxes. The black and white patterned paper is one of my favorites from the She Blooms collection by Illustrated Faith. I added some paint streaks  (Dina Wakley) in colors that would match the layout and then added a few embellishments and some thickers from Amy Tan to the title. The mini wood veneer sunglasses are from Jillibean Soup are just colored to match with gelatos. This is a super bright and fun layout and I had a blast creating it. I can't wait to see how you use this sketch to create a fun layout this month. Head on over to the Stick It Down blog to check out the rest of the projects from the design team and to link us to your work so that we can check it out. Have fun and happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment